How to Prepare for Your Next Home Renovation
Whether it’s time to create more space or freshen up and personalise a newly purchased home, you are about to embark on an exciting but trying journey. Home Renovations do not need to be daunting though, so long as you are prepared and aware of what is to come. In this article we will give you our top checklist items to consider and keep in mind when renovating your home.
Deciding to Renovate
Taking the scope of works into consideration you will want to think about these aspects of a renovation before your make the decision to renovate.
Starting a Home Renovation
Other than a signed contract and agreement between yourself and the contractor, there will be a few things that the contractor will also need, if not already discussed in the briefing:
During a Home Renovation
While your home is being renovated you will have various workers on the property. You can expect life to be a little more tense and stressful. You can prepare yourself and your family for this by:
The Jukka Renovation
Jukka Construction acknowledge the inconvenience and stresses involved with having your home converted into a building site. Thus, we manage our renovations as precisely as possible.
- Where possible, we screen off your home from the area being renovated.
- We take your lifestyle into consideration. Should you require us to work on specific days and hours we can schedule our teams accordingly.
- We establish storage areas for material and discuss movement of contractors daily to ensure you always have access to and from your property.
- Our team includes a dedicated site representative who is responsible for ensuring that the works area, storage area and property in general is kept safe and clean.
- If you are living in the property during renovations, we ensure work is finished by midday on a Friday. This allows us to carry out a general clean up, so that your home is liveable over weekends.
- Weekly site meetings are held to plan the work ahead.
- A WhatsApp group is created between the owner, contractor, and other key role-players to ensure that information on site progress and schedules is communicated effectively and timeously.
- A precise project schedule is maintained. We assist and keep clients aware of what select finishes to select as well. Taking payment and delivery into account to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Our management team are intricately involved in the renovation and will guide clients regarding best practice as well as suggestions on alternate options.
A home renovation does not need to be a daunting task, and with the right team on board, can be pleasant and exciting for your family. Read about Mark’s own experience here, where he used Jukka Construction after an unpleasant renovation experience.
Contact us today to plan your next home renovation.